XBoard connects once then not

DFRobot XBoard Relay related questions and discussions.

XBoard connects once then not

Postby Fred57 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi, I have been using MyDooropener for a couple of years with Ether 10 card and it works well.

I have just bought an XBoard v3 and got it loaded with the code you supply and it seems to work ok only the first time I command a switching activity. The application requires that each relay on the XBoard when switched is required to stay closed for 30 seconds. I can achieve this ok by setting the "define relay delay" to 30000 but it seems that once I switch the relay remotely for the first time the App on my phone loses communication with the board and won't get it back. The way to resolve this is to shut the App down completely and re start it. I'm wondering if there is something else I need to change in my sketch to allow the "relay delay" setting to work or should I be looking else ware to resolve my problem. do I for example have to have the refresh rates the same for all the two controllers I'm running maybe? Both the ether10 and the XBoard are on the same network.
Fred57

Re: XBoard connects once then not

Postby support » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:31 pm

That's not normal behaviour. RELAY_DELAY is the number of milliseconds the relay will be held high when triggered. Typically, it will simulate
you pressing your garage door button and hold it pressed for N milliseconds. Factory default value is 1000 (1 second) which should suit most
situations.
support
Site Admin

Postby Fred57 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Feeling a bit silly now that I figured out the MAC addresses on the two controllers I have on the network were the same. Changed one of them and everything is working correctly.

Thanks.
Fred57

Postby support » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:22 am

Ah! Not that silly ... Thanks for reporting back and happy things are now working.
support
Site Admin

Return to DFRobot XBoard Relay