Camera view

New feature and product enhancement ideas and discussions.

Camera view

Postby fireemt538 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Hey, it would be awesome if it would be possible to view one camera from a cctv dvr type camera system. Is this being considered at all? or maybe its not possible?
Thanks
David
fireemt538

Re: Camera view

Postby support » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:58 am

Hi David,

CCTV/DVR camera ... Not sure ... A web fed cam video feed, that could be possible. The requirement would be that it'd
use a standard and open video streaming protocol for which we could tap into ...

How easy that is to implement is another story. For sure, if we were to include such feature in the app, it would need
to be generic enough to work with all/most web camera video feeds. We wouldn't want to have 25 different protocols
to support ...

If enough people manifest interest in such feature, we may look into it for a future release.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Postby jason » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 am

Intersted, too!
jason

Postby Mikedibble » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 am

That would be a great feature to add. I now have to check my cameras using IP Webcam to veiw my gate before I open it for guest.
Mikedibble

Postby support » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Mikedibble, the app already supports cameras, for as long as it can publish static images at regular intervals ... The problem
with CCTV cameras is that they most often operate using proprietary video protocols and we'd need to support a bunch of them,
and that's not really core to our product.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Return to New Feature Requests