How can I reset my forgotten Passcode

General support questions and discussions.

How can I reset my forgotten Passcode

Postby eric.jones » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 pm

I had my door opener working about a year ago or so, prior to running the V2 update.
Finally got around to working on it again. And don't remember my passcode on iPhone.
So how can I get in? or Rest?
Thank, Eric
Attachments
IMG_5897.png
IMG_5897.png (85.76 KiB) Viewed 10640 times
eric.jones

Re: How can I reset my forgotten Passcode

Postby support » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:49 pm

I think if you delete the app from your iPhone and re-install it should be fine.
support
Site Admin

Postby eric.jones » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:12 am

The bad news ...
I deleted and re-installed (a number of times).
Still No joy... Passcode screen comes up first thing.

The good news I finally guessed my Passcode ! :lol:
eric.jones

Postby TVTuga » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:08 pm

Ok, after being using my DoorOpener for over a year , i even switched phones and no issues , this weekend went to use the App to close the door and asked me for a Passcode, well for the Love of God i tried every code i can remember but nothing , deleted the App but nothing goes back to the same old please enter passcode , i even tried doing a restore from my backup but same please enter passcode.

now the question is how can we wipe out the app and start a fresh install so it allows you to start a new setup and not looking at the old informtion
TVTuga

Postby TVTuga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 pm

so, at this time i am kind stuck on this , i never entered a Passcode to this APP , it must been done on its own while having the phone in the pocket unlocked.

so seems like the APP is keeping the Security settings saved somewhere , by deleting teh App and reinstalling it does not work , looks like the only way to fix this is to do a phone Restore to a previous ver prior the App applied the Passcode settings
TVTuga

Postby TVTuga » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:57 pm

Support,

could you please check with the developer on this? it makes no sense you delete the App re-install it and it still asks for the Passcode, i really don't want to restore my phone so i can get my App to work again.
TVTuga

Postby support » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Passwords are store on the device's keychain which lives across multiple application re-installs. This is a security feature of the iOS operating system and is by-design from Apple. There isn't much we can do about it ... The only thing I can think of (not sure that's even possible), would be to use a 3rd-party application that would allow to connect to your device using USB (from a computer) and would allow you to "tweak" your device's keychain to have the MyDoorOpener keychain entry removed.
support
Site Admin

Postby TVTuga » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Well, i was not able to clean up the security history of the App, so the only way for me to get it back was to restore my phone to an earlier backup prior this thing changing the settings on me.
TVTuga

Postby support » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Again, this is an iOS keychain issue. That's where we store the password (as per Apple security guidelines). It's a security feature,
but I agree that in those cases where you forget your password, it can get pretty nasty. At least, now you're back in a working state.

Thanks for your status update ...
support
Site Admin

Return to Support