Digital Pin wiring

DFRobot RelayShield (current 2.1 version) related questions and discussions.

Digital Pin wiring

Postby egartner » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me. I am able to get the status information reliably, but I cannot get a door to open. I saw on another post that the digital pin numbers have changed since the MyDoorOpener document was created, but I'm not sure why that matters. I don't see any reference to wiring up to the digital pin. I have tried the following without any results:

Com1 connected to one side of garage door button; NO1 to the other side.

Com1 connected to one side of garage door button; Digital Pins 1 through 8 connected to the other side (with multiple times on pin 2).

NO1 connected to one side of garage door button: Digital Pins 1 through 8 connected to the other side (with multiple times on pin 2).

If I am hoping to use relay 1 with a v2.1 relay shield, what will the wiring be? What will the Relay Pin Number be on the application?

Thank you anyone and everyone for any help that you can provide.
egartner

Re: Digital Pin wiring

Postby support » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:38 pm

If you haven't played around with the jumpers and everything is default on your 2.1 relay shield,
relay #1 operates using DIGITAL PIN #2.

Therefore, you'd have the iPhone app configured for relay operation on pin #2 and you'd define
the relayPins[] array in the INO file to have only pin #2 defined, as follows:
Code: Select all
static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2 };

You should have your garage door button connected to COM1 and NO1.

That should do it!
support
Site Admin

Postby egartner » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Your reply was very helpful. I am up and running!! Thank you for your quick response.
egartner

Postby support » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Glad we could help. Remember everyone ... Please post positive feedback on the Apple App Store. Thanks in advance for doing so!
support
Site Admin

Return to DFRobot RelayShield v2.1