Analog Connections?

DFRobot RelayShield (current 2.1 version) related questions and discussions.

Analog Connections?

Postby riesjj » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi,

I have the RelayShield v2.1 and using the Ardunio Ethernet board. I have the code modified and the Ardunio board programmed. I have tested with the door open/close function using COM1 and COM2. The instructions were really clear on how do that. What I am struggling with is how to connect the door sensors to the RelayShield v2.1. I am not sure what pins to use and actually how to physically connect the wires from the sensor to the RelayShield v2.1..

thanks
jr
riesjj

Re: Analog Connections?

Postby support » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi,

That should be as easy ... All you need to do is take a wire and have it connected between GND and analog
pin #2. When this circuitry is closed (GND->A2), MyDoorOpener thinks the door is closed. If you break that
link (using any way you'd like, typically with a sensor), then MyDoorOpener thinks the door is opened.

Typically, what you'd do is connect a wire to GND, have it flow thru your sensing device IN->OUT and back to Analog
pin #2. When the door is opened, the sensing device will stop the current from flowing between GND and A2. When
the door is closed, the sensing device will let current flow between GND and A2.

Hope these additional clarifications helped out.

Remember to post a positive review on the Apple app store. Thanking you in advance for doing so.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Postby riesjj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:33 am

Thanks for the response.

I did that with using STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_CLOSED, and I was getting the opposite results... If i broke the connection, the door thought it was closed. If I closed the connection, it thought it was closed.

I changed to STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED, and it seems to work as expected... open the connection (move the magnetic connector away) and the response is door open. Move the connector back and the response is door closed. :?:

I am using Seco-Larm SM-216Q sensors

Thanks,
jr
riesjj

Postby support » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:57 am

Indeed,

There are sensors that will require this. The way they report is inverted and that's why we have
those 2 strategies available. You choose the one that works for your particular sensor, as you did.

Glad it's working out for you.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Return to DFRobot RelayShield v2.1