and now for the less well informed

General support questions and discussions.

and now for the less well informed

Postby BILLGILLIAM » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:18 am

Permit me to begin by saying that the function of the App and Arduino has been excellent for my usage, which permits me to operate from several thousand miles from the door location since day one. However, since I had to have some one else set up the hardware for this (and I've been careful to preserve a schematic) can you please detail for an absolute beginner minus one what exactly I need to do to rewrite and recompile (?) the file. I'm going to have to make a special trip, defer that, or hire someone to do it as I understand it must be done locally on the network, I can't just do it from the IP.

And the discussion here of 3.0 with respect to the video left me bewildered, as there seems to be a reference to it's availability before. I didn't know this. Perhaps because I didn't know I could register for this support until now. In any event, I've been using a separate drop cam, but it would be great to get away from this as in practice running/using 2 apps to accomplish door open/close very cumbersome.

Can one find a sample of where someone has wired this in and a schematic? And while I'm throwing out questions: why wouldn't the cam for the Rasperry Pi work for this just great with a power boost thru a breakout board?

Thanks Bill
BILLGILLIAM

Re: and now for the less well informed

Postby support » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi Bill,

On our web site's download section, there's a Tutorial document that explains all the steps
you need to follow in order to have everything configured.

Go to http://mydooropener.com/downloads.html and look for the Tutorial link.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Return to Support