new version, open/close stop working

General support questions and discussions.

new version, open/close stop working

Postby tijoe99 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

Hi, since updated to version 3, the garage door won't open or closed. The satus still work so I know app communicate well with Arduino. Anyone have same issue ? How can I go back to previous version. Thank you
tijoe99

Re: new version, open/close stop working

Postby support » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi,

Nothing has changed between version 2.x and 3.0 in terms of communications with the Arduino. If you were
able to open/close a door/device before, you should still be able to do it with this new release.

Rather than trying to figure out how to rollback to version 2.x, I strongly suggest you instead try to figure out
why it's not working in version 3.0.

I think that you probably have either one of the following issues (or both?) :

1) your password in the iPhone app doesn't match the one in the INO Arduino file. Status will work even if a wrong
password is used because it's not password protected. Opening and closing will require a valid password though.

2) your device's RELAY pin in the iPhone app doesn't match the one in the INO Arduino file.

Make sure of the above and try again. It should work !

Keep us posted on your results.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Postby tijoe99 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.

After this post I tried again without success. I admit I'm not an expert in the arduino world but I since was able to make previous version work so I thought trying again version 2 would at least help me ensure pw and relay pin settings are correct. Itune still had the old version so I was able to install and it worked just fine.

I double check pw in arduino file and also selected the right relay number since old app work again with this set-up. Any idea if I should check anything else ? The only extra features I used in my set-up was to send an email notification, I don't know if this can have an impact.

By the way I do like the look and feel on version 3 and would really prefer to use this one.

Thank you
tijoe99

Postby support » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 pm

If you have the correct/same password and relay pin # configured in both v2.x and v3.x
iPhone apps, both apps should work without any changes on the Arduino backend ...

You must have something wrong somewhere ... Password is case sensitive, maybe that
could be it ?
support
Site Admin

Return to Support