New App

General support questions and discussions.

New App

Postby TheActiveMind » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:38 am

The NEW app has hit the App Store. Great work guys. Loving all the new changes you have made.
TheActiveMind

Re: New App

Postby support » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks!

We hope to hear from everyone using the app out there ... Remember to rate the new version of
our app (hopefully with 5 stars!) on the Apple App Store. These ratings are very important and
we can't stress that enough ...

We need your feedback to build the next version!

Take care,
support
Site Admin

Postby mkinnan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Has anyone been able to make 3.0 work? I can ping the opener, but I have had no luck with the new iPhone app. I have double checked the ip address and password. Do I need to update the Arduino? I'm filling out the URL as http://"My static IP address" is this right? Do I need to add a port number? Please help
mkinnan

Postby redcaesar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Needs iOs7...
redcaesar

Postby support » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Version 3.0 requires iOS7 ... Is anyone having any issues while running it with iOS7 ?

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby mastmar221 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm using iOS7, app auto updated. It deleted all the existing information about my device, but I went in and re-entered it. Nothing works. When the app opens, there are no devices listed. Anyone know what needs to be done?
mastmar221

Postby mkinnan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:18 pm

redcaesar wrote:Needs iOs7...

Yes I'm on iOS7

Has anyone made this work?
mkinnan

Postby support » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Ok. Let us try to assist here ...

As outlined in our release notes, it is normal (unfortunately) that you need to re-enter your
controller settings and its associated devices as the file structure has changed significantly
with the introduction of this new version.

So what's not normal is that you can't see your devices after entering them ... So,
just to make sure, you need to:

1) click the small gear icon on the bottom right of the app
2) choose the 'Controllers' option (1st option), edit, add (+) and done.
3) select the controller just added
4) configure its URL and password (just as you did in the previous version)
5) choose the 'Devices' option (1st option), edit, add (+) and done.
6) select the device just added
7) configure the images, relay pin and status pin (just as you did in the previous version)

When you go back to the application's home screen, you should see the newly configured device ...

If you don't, please let us know and we'll try to assist individually with one of you
who may be experiencing that issue.

Thank you,
support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:54 am

The URL and password information format hasn't changed from the previous version. You
need to enter it the same way you did in the previous version.

So YES, you need to have the "http://" prefix. If in the previous version you used to specify
a port number, you will still need to specify that same port number information.

Here's an example of what it would typically look like:

http://home.dyndns.org:8080/

Hope this helps. Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:00 am

Hi,

If you are experiencing issues, please don't post negative reviews on the Apple App Store. That
won't help and it won't resolve your issue.

Instead, help us help you by describing what's wrong with as much precision as possible. Up to
now, we're suspecting that the few users that have had issues are related to the following:

1) User can't remember the URL and/or password to their Arduino controller (result: communications not working at all, obviously)
2) Not inputing any "devices" to a controller they've added (result: not seeing any devices in the App)
3) Creating more than one controller and not adding any device to one of them (result: error message following any/all server actions)

Help us help you!
support
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support