Sketch too big

General support questions and discussions.

Re: Sketch too big

Postby support » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah, it seems that the WebDuino version bundled with our v2.3 archive is at fault and causing those compiler errors. For a quick fix,
you can simply overwrite the libraries/WebDuino/WebServer.h file with their latest version. You can get it @ https://github.com/sirleech/Webduino.

We won't be fixing our v2.3 bundle as we are focusing on actually getting rid of WebDuino which is what v2.4 does. We're still
working on that bug where the status pins are not being properly output in the output XML. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon. Stay tuned
and thanks for your patience!
support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:35 pm

v2.4 has been updated. Please download again from GitHub and re-install. Please confirm XML is now properly output with proper/valid status pin numbers.

Thank you!
support
Site Admin

Postby robjamben » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am

I just downloaded the updated version 2.4. Still I seem to have problems. Using digital pin 7 and analog pin 3 operates the relay for COM2/NO2. Why? It should be COM1/NO1. The status pins seem to be working and showing correctly when the door is open and when it is closed. But the notifications do not work at all. I have tried Prowl with no luck and have also tried SMS. When I plug in my old relay, everything works without a hitch. Any ideas or suggestions?

Rob
robjamben

Postby support » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:02 pm

No idea why COM2/NO2 are being operated instead of COM1/NO1 ... You might want to try a simpler sketch to make sure. If you
confirm it controls COM2/NO2 with a very basic sketch, I suggest you contact the board manufacturer and ask ... Strange!

As for notifications not being fired, you might want to supply DNS and Gateway values. See our last post on the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=316

Keep us updated on your results,
support
Site Admin

Postby robjamben » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Well, I went ahead and purchased another X-board. Loaded on a simple sketch of 2.4 with just IP and password. No push notifications. I got the same results. Using digital pin 7 and analog pin 3, the second relay was the operating relay. COM2/NO2 operated the door. Not COM1/NO1. I am very confused by this. I don't see anyone else having this problem. What possibly could I be doing wrong? I believe this strange problem in some way is affecting my push notifications.
robjamben

Postby support » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:05 am

robjamben wrote:Well, I went ahead and purchased another X-board. Loaded on a simple sketch of 2.4 with just IP and password. No push notifications. I got the same results. Using digital pin 7 and analog pin 3, the second relay was the operating relay. COM2/NO2 operated the door. Not COM1/NO1. I am very confused by this. I don't see anyone else having this problem. What possibly could I be doing wrong? I believe this strange problem in some way is affecting my push notifications.

Again, you should try using a simpler sketch that simply displays/triggers the sensors/relays. It'll be easier to isolate and troubleshoot what your problem could be.
support
Site Admin

Postby cmot » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:00 pm

I have a recent Xboard and can confirm, following some playing around with a multimeter, that the relays are "reversed" relative to the instructions you have for the board. Specifically, Pin 8 is COM1/NO1 (relay closer to the edge of the board) and Pin 7 is COM2/NO2 (relay closer to the interior of the board). So if you specified Pin 7 in your code then you want to connect your wires to the inner relay that is also labeled COM2/NO2. This is consistent with the labels on the other sides of the relays where the COM2/NO2 relay is labeled as D7 and the COM1/NO1 relay is label as D8. So no confusion, just board designer choices for the device. I hope this helps.
cmot

Postby cmot » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Oh yes, worth noting that you must explicitly remove from your code the Pins you DON'T use - so if you want to use only one relay and one sensor, you might remove Pin 4 and Pin 8 from the code. If you don't do this, you sensors and relays will work fine, but your notification code won't work correctly.
cmot

Postby support » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Thanks for clarifying cmot. I guess some older XBoards might not have this but newer ones do ... Anyways, in the end, it
doesn't really matter since all is working. You just need to know about this and now we all know. Thanks again!
support
Site Admin

Postby tiga31328 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:49 pm

I have updated to the new v2.4 code and have the following to report;

Door Relays work with the App, I can open/close. Door status in the App shows correctly(Door is opened or Closed).
XML using the IP/PORT shows the correct Opened/Closed status. (of note, even though my door sensors are normally closed, I had to toggle them to 'Normally Opened' in the sketch for them to report correctly).

Issues:
NO Notifications work at all.
Prowl - I have the API configured, it is the correct API Key and I have tested it from the Prowl website to confirm that the notifications reach my phone but nothing sends from the Sketch.
Email - I think this isn't working because I have been unable to locate an SMTP that does not require a username/password, SSL enabled, etc. and the Sketch doesn't have anywhere that I can see to enter that type of information.
SMS - Since I cannot get a working SMTP this isn't going to work.

I ran the Debug for the Push and see the below, it looks like it is working but I never receive anything(xxxx Key for safety, it is a valid key):

*** Push - server name: 'api.prowlapp.com' - apiKey: '89xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4ce80cc8' - subject: 'MyDoorOpener Notification' - body: 'A door or device has just been opened.' ***
*** Push - connection established ***
*** Push - connection stopped ***
*** Push - completed ***

I ran the Debug for the Notifications and see the below, I re-checked that all of the notifications options in the Sketch are un-commented and should be active.

*** open notification handler - detected an opened device/door @ pin #3 ***
*** open notification handler - NOT sending notification ***

*** open notification handler - detected an opened device/door @ pin #4 ***
*** open notification handler - NOT sending notification ***

When I compile I see the following errors, doesn't stop it from completing the compile but they are there:

MyDoorOpener.ino:67: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void notifyViaPush(const char*, const char*)':
MyDoorOpener.ino:260: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:263: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:265: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:266: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:270: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:275: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:280: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:282: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:285: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:286: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:287: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:288: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void notifyViaEmail(const String&, const String&, const String&)':
MyDoorOpener.ino:336: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:338: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:339: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:341: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:344: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:346: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:352: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:353: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:355: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:356: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:358: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void watchDogNotificationsHandler()':
MyDoorOpener.ino:461: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:473: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:475: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:481: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:505: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void openNotificationsHandler()':
MyDoorOpener.ino:538: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:543: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:545: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:551: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino:574: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void setup()':
MyDoorOpener.ino:607: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:610: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp: In constructor 'MyDoorOpenerServer::MyDoorOpenerServer(char*, unsigned char*, unsigned char*, unsigned char*, unsigned char*)':
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp: In member function 'void MyDoorOpenerServer::setup(unsigned char*, int)':
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:47: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp: In member function 'void MyDoorOpenerServer::extractRequestParams(char*, char*, char*)':
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:199: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp: In member function 'boolean MyDoorOpenerServer::isPasswordValid(char*)':
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:294: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:326: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp: In member function 'void MyDoorOpenerServer::writeResponse()':
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:355: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:356: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:357: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:358: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:362: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:363: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:369: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:371: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:376: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:381: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:383: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp:387: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring.c:264:3: warning: #warning Timer 2 not finished (may not be present on this CPU)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring.c:273:3: warning: #warning Timer 2 not finished (may not be present on this CPU)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp: In function 'void store_char(unsigned char, ring_buffer*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp:98: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp: In function 'void __vector_25()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp:153: warning: unused variable 'c'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'void HardwareSerial::begin(long unsigned int, byte)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp:368: warning: unused variable 'current_config'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t HardwareSerial::write(uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp:467: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HID.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t Keyboard_::write(uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HID.cpp:514: warning: unused variable 'r'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Stream.cpp: In member function 'bool Stream::find(char*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Stream.cpp:78: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp:210:12: warning: #warning this may not be correct
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp:110: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\USBCore.cpp: In function 'int USB_Send(u8, const void*, int)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\USBCore.cpp:278: warning: unused variable 'zero

Thank you for your help! I have the relays working, the sensors working, if I can get the notifications working I will be complete. :)

Patrick
tiga31328

PreviousNext

Return to Support