Sketch too big

General support questions and discussions.

Re: Sketch too big

Postby tiga31328 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:39 pm

The watchdog enabled is compiling now. I am still not seeing the status pins working. Before the update I was seeing '156' on A3 when the sensor was closed, but no change in physical status in the web page or the App. After the update I am not seeing any changes in the StatusPin at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick

support wrote:Version 2.4 has been updated to fix the "watchdog" enabling issue. Not sure it fixed the other issue though ... We had to re-introduce the 3rd party "Time" library as
it's required by the current watchdog notification implementation. Not too big of an issue since that library wasn't that large anyways. The Webduino library was
the larger one, and that one is still out of the picture.

Please try again and see it that works. Thanks,
tiga31328

Postby support » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Are you using an XBoard Relay or a standard board ? Can you confirm whether or not you have the following line commented (near line # 103) ?

Code: Select all
#define USING_XBOARD_RELAY

Merry X-Mas!
support
Site Admin

Postby tiga31328 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi,

I am using the xBoard Relay.

I have this in my config:

// Comment if not using XBoard Relay

Any other thoughts, its as if it's just not looking, or is ignoring what is on those pins?

Thanks again,
Patrick

support wrote:Are you using an XBoard Relay or a standard board ? Can you confirm whether or not you have the following line commented (near line # 103) ?

Merry X-Mas!
tiga31328

Postby support » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:51 am

Hey Patrick,

Can you confirm which status strategy you're using? It should one of the following:

STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_CLOSED
STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED

What do you mean when you say "I was seeing 156 on A3" prior to version 2.4? Also,
have you tried running with serial debugging ON. Please provide that debugging output.

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby tiga31328 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi,

I am using STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_CLOSED, I tried STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED during my troubleshooting but it has made no difference. I also tried the voltage ones just to see but both of those settings result in a compiling error about a Boolean variable.

Where I was seeing '156' was prior to the update you made just before Christmas, the original 2.4 if I had the A3 contact closed and visited the internal LAN url for the relay board I would see the below if the sensor was closed;

<myDoorOpener>
<status statusPin="156">Opened</status>
<status statusPin="0">Opened</status>
<challengeToken>Cyber9218</challengeToken>
</myDoorOpener>

And the xml displayed has me wondering as well, should the status statusPin be showing the pin being monitored, or the state the pin is in? As you can see from the above example, the prior code at least showed a change, it saw something going on, it didn't affect behavior(not showing the sensor as 'Closed', etc. but it showed something.

I by no means know what I am talking about with your coding but it "looks" like it is either not monitoring the sensor pins at all, or isn't passing on what it is monitoring to the rest of the code. I have also done continuity tests from the A3, and A4 pins with the ground pins to confirm that the solders are good and that the wires attached are indeed electrically correct.

I am attaching my config (it does not have any identifying data within it, only local lan information).

The serial debug shows the sensors toggling over and over and over again from Open to Closed and cycling. Note: Physically, A3 and the Ground are connected to a Closed sensor. A4 and the Ground are connected to an Opened sensor.

*** isOpen - status value for pin: '3' is '1' returing: 'Closed' ***
*** isOpen - status value for pin: '4' is '0' returing: 'Opened' ***

If I open the sensor it will return 'Closed' only.

Thanks again,
Patrick

support wrote:Hey Patrick,

Can you confirm which status strategy you're using? It should one of the following:

STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_CLOSED
STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED

What do you mean when you say "I was seeing 156 on A3" prior to version 2.4? Also,
have you tried running with serial debugging ON. Please provide that debugging output.

Thanks,
tiga31328

Postby support » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi Patrick,

Thanks again in helping troubleshoot this issue. Indeed, the XML that gets output for the serial debugging you
have provided should be somewhat similar to the following:

<myDoorOpener>
<status statusPin="3">Closed</status>
<status statusPin="4">Opened</status>
</myDoorOpener>

Is it? or do you see some other values than 3 and 4 for the statusPin XML attribute of the XML status element?
If different, what values do you see? Do the values change or are the values constant?

Could you also add the following line at the beginning of the MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp file ...

#define MYDOOROPENER_SERIAL_DEBUGGING 1

This will provide additional serial debugging, but this time from the new server component which is most
likely where it is failing since this is what has changed between v2.3 and v2.4 ...

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby robjamben » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks for the update! The program will now compile without any errors. However, I believe the relay positions are backwards. I downloaded the new release and plugged everything in and still couldn't open the door. My door wires were in COM1/NO1 using digital pin 7 and analog pin 3. I could hear the relay click but no action. On a whim, I switched the door wires to COM2/NO2 and made no changes to the digital or analog pins. Bingo! Now the door opens! But I am not receiving any notifications either. I will go back and check the Prowl API key to verify as this is the push notification I am using. I will let you know what I find.
robjamben

Postby tiga31328 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi!

I responded to your questions but I have not seen the post be approved. I cannot get 2.3 to even compile, even without changing anything it has multiple errors and will not compile. 2.4 is still at no sensors working properly. Any further thoughts or suggestions, the sensors was one of the reasons I went with the app and the board? If you want to do a remote session into my computer to look at it I am more than willing to support that.

Thank you,
Patrick

support wrote:Hi Patrick,

Thanks again in helping troubleshoot this issue. Indeed, the XML that gets output for the serial debugging you
have provided should be somewhat similar to the following:

<myDoorOpener>
<status statusPin="3">Closed</status>
<status statusPin="4">Opened</status>
</myDoorOpener>

Is it? or do you see some other values than 3 and 4 for the statusPin XML attribute of the XML status element?
If different, what values do you see? Do the values change or are the values constant?

Could you also add the following line at the beginning of the MyDoorOpenerServer.cpp file ...

#define MYDOOROPENER_SERIAL_DEBUGGING 1

This will provide additional serial debugging, but this time from the new server component which is most
likely where it is failing since this is what has changed between v2.3 and v2.4 ...

Thanks,
tiga31328

Postby support » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:53 pm

What compiler errors are you having with 2.3 ? It's working for others, should work for you too. Are you sure you have
all libraries installed in the appropriate folders ?

As of today, v2.3 is known to work. The only issue could be that if you uncomment some of the #define statements,
you may run into some "Sketch too large" error. Other than that, should work.

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby tiga31328 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 am

I started from scratch with 2.3 again, I am using the same file structure as I did when compiling with 2.4 and it fails with the below errors;

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"
In file included from MyDoorOpener.ino:41:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'int WebServer::read()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:647: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator==' in '((WebServer*)this)->WebServer::m_client == 0'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:647: note: candidates are: operator==(int, int) <built-in>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet/EthernetClient.h:27: note: virtual bool EthernetClient::operator==(const EthernetClient&)

These are the errors with 'verbose output' enabled;

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DARDUINO=106 -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\leonardo -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SPI -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Time -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Aes256 C:\Users\TIGA31~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6289309510418433234.tmp\MyDoorOpener.cpp -o C:\Users\TIGA31~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6289309510418433234.tmp\MyDoorOpener.cpp.o

In file included from MyDoorOpener.ino:41:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:144: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In constructor 'WebServer::WebServer(const char*, int)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:295: warning: 'WebServer::m_cmdCount' will be initialized after
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:284: warning: 'int WebServer::m_contentLength'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:321: warning: when initialized here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::addCommand(const char*, void (*)(WebServer&, WebServer::ConnectionType, char*, bool))':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:350: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:352: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:353: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::printP(const prog_uchar*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:406: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'bool WebServer::dispatchCommand(WebServer::ConnectionType, char*, bool)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:432: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:461: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:461: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:462: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:466: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::httpFail()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:552: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::noRobots(WebServer::ConnectionType)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:575: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::favicon(WebServer::ConnectionType)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:585: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::httpUnauthorized()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:592: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::httpServerError()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:605: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::httpSuccess(const char*, const char*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:618: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::httpSeeOther(const char*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:634: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'int WebServer::read()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:647: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator==' in '((WebServer*)this)->WebServer::m_client == 0'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:647: note: candidates are: operator==(int, int) <built-in>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet/EthernetClient.h:27: note: virtual bool EthernetClient::operator==(const EthernetClient&)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:714: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::push(int)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:723: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h: In member function 'void WebServer::outputCheckboxOrRadio(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, bool)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1139: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1140: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1141: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1142: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1143: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1144: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Webduino/WebServer.h:1145: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void webRequestHandler(WebServer&, WebServer::ConnectionType, char*, bool)':
MyDoorOpener.ino:553: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:585: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:627: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:628: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:632: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:634: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:636: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:641: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:650: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:652: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino:656: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void watchDogNotificationsHandler()':
MyDoorOpener.ino:677: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:700: warning: unused variable 'subject'
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void openNotificationsHandler()':
MyDoorOpener.ino:754: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:770: warning: unused variable 'subject'
MyDoorOpener.ino:771: warning: unused variable 'body'
MyDoorOpener.ino: In function 'void setup()':
MyDoorOpener.ino:823: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
MyDoorOpener.ino:826: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

Thank you,
Patrick

support wrote:What compiler errors are you having with 2.3 ? It's working for others, should work for you too. Are you sure you have
all libraries installed in the appropriate folders ?

As of today, v2.3 is known to work. The only issue could be that if you uncomment some of the #define statements,
you may run into some "Sketch too large" error. Other than that, should work.

Thanks,
tiga31328

PreviousNext

Return to Support