magnetic reed switch question

General support questions and discussions.

magnetic reed switch question

Postby jbrock » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:49 pm

I installed all the hardware for this and I can open and close my two garage doors just fine. I don't have any magnetic reed switches, so I was getting ready to order some. I read the instructions again to make sure that I get the right kind. If I am reading this correctly, and I think that I am, when the circuit is open, the app should show the door open. However, I installed some jump cables on the A3, A4, and common terminals and I am finding just the opposite. I set the iphone app to use A3 for one door and A4 for the other. If the leads are hanging loose (not touching), both doors are reported as closed. If I short each one of them to the ground, the app reports that door is now open. I can order the type of switch that is closed when it is away from the magnet, but I am curious why this is not behaving the way the instructions say
jbrock

Re: magnetic reed switch question

Postby support » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Don't change your sensors. They are just fine ... Simply comment the following line (near line #94):

#define STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_CLOSED

... and uncomment the following line (near line #95) instead:

#define STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED

Do the changes, save the file and re-upload to your Arduino. That should do the trick.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Postby tiga31328 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:54 pm

I am having a similar issue, not with the status being backwards, but with the detection, even though A3 shows closed in the web interface, it does not mark it as closed, nor does the App show it closed. A4 doesn't change no matter what I do. Any thoughts on why this is not working correctly?

Thank you,
Patrick
tiga31328

Postby support » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Make sure you also configured the iPhone app to use the appropriate status pin in the device's configuration.
support
Site Admin

Return to Support