Seedstudio Relay shield

General support questions and discussions.

Seedstudio Relay shield

Postby roads » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:23 am

Hi,

I could not get my hands on the Robot releay shield so I git the seedstudio. From my gate I would like to open I have two wires coming that will open/close the gate upon contact. Where do I connect those two cables on the relay shield?
Also I dont have a status wire coming but I would like to install it. Where is that wire going? Is this code correct for the Seedstudio?

Code: Select all
static const uint8_t relayPins[] = { 9 }; // single device at pin #9
//static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, 5 }; // select if using DFRobot RelayShield
//static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2, 3 }; // two devices at pins #2 and #3
//static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, ... }; // even more devices at pins #2, #3, #4, etc ...

// status contact should be connected to these analog input pins (anologRead).
// Adjust to match the number of devices you have hooked up (examples provided below in comment) ...

static const uint8_t statusPins[] = { 3 }; // single device at pin #3
//static uint8_t statusPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, 5 }; // select if using DFRobot RelayShield
//static uint8_t statusPins[] = { 2, 3 }; // two devices at pins #2 and #3
//static uint8_t statusPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, ... }; // even more devices at pins #2, #3, #4, etc ...

Thanks
roads

Re: Seedstudio Relay shield

Postby support » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, we have no hands on experience with the SeedStudio shield therefore we wouldn't
be able to provide accurate information.

Maybe someone else on the forum has any advice?

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby roads » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:54 am

OK found Lipoly has them in Germany. I ordered one, better than loosing a lot of time making the Seedstudio work.
So I have no switch to connect just the two wires coming from the gate. The gate is already working with the Go1984 software but I want to leave the software.

Where do I connect the two wires on the DF robot? And how should the code look for that? Do I need to uncomment anything here?

Code: Select all
static const uint8_t relayPins[] = { 9 }; // single device at pin #9
//static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, 5 }; // select if using DFRobot RelayShield
//static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2, 3 }; // two devices at pins #2 and #3
//static uint8_t relayPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, ... }; // even more devices at pins #2, #3, #4, etc ...

// status contact should be connected to these analog input pins (anologRead).
// Adjust to match the number of devices you have hooked up (examples provided below in comment) ...

static const uint8_t statusPins[] = { 3 }; // single device at pin #3
//static uint8_t statusPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, 5 }; // select if using DFRobot RelayShield
//static uint8_t statusPins[] = { 2, 3 }; // two devices at pins #2 and #3
//static uint8_t statusPins[] = { 2, 3, 4, ... }; // even more devices at pins #2, #3, #4, etc ...
roads

Postby support » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

It's all in the documentation in our download section. Wait until you get your board and follow everything in there and you should be fine.
If it's not working and you have specific questions after that, we'll be glad to assist.

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby roads » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:38 pm

OK need that specific help now please.

I bought the robot shield 1.2 but it doesn’t fit at all on the Arduino network. So I am back with the SeedStudio shield. I added the code
static const uint8_t relayPins[] = { 4, 5, 6, 7 }; and // all other relay pin lines. The gate is connected on COM1/NO1
The Iphone program does communicate with the shield/arduino but the gate does not open/close on toggle. What relay pin do I set?
roads

Postby roads » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:12 am

I have set the Relaypin to 4. The relay clicks so the hardware does what it should. Is it sure the cables coming from the gate have to be connected to COM1/NO1 in this Seedstudio case?
roads

Postby roads » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Ok reporting back, it works on relay pin 7. So Seedstudio COM1/NO1 and relay pin 7. Very glad it works.

I would be happy for help on setting up the camera. I have an Axis cam and browsed the net but I can not find how to make the cam work. I have a fixed IP so I dont need dyndns and stuff. Is there any easy tutorial somewhere?
roads

Postby support » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Glad for you things have worked out. As for the camera, the app feature supports a static image URL. Basically you need to have
a URL where a static image (JPG or PNG) gets updated at regular intervals and have that URL entered in the app. The URL
needs to be unsecured (no authentication and no encryption).
support
Site Admin

Postby roads » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 pm

OK so its static ip:port that is forwarded to the cam to a jpeg link.

I would like to add I set #define RELAY_DELAY 1000 to 2000. If the door is not opening on a second push then it wont on any releay pin. Also the 1000ms sounds like 500ms to me on the relay.
roads

Return to Support