Looping Notifications

General support questions and discussions.

Looping Notifications

Postby jajones1045 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:37 am

Hi,

I seem to have a massive problem with the Notifications in Prowl looping continuously whilst the door is open.

I am using a conventional Magnetic Door Contact N/O, and the App corresponds correctly to open or closed, but as soon as I define Push Notifications, it goes haywire!

I have set up using;

#define STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED // alternate approach - uses digitalRead to interpret door/device status (opened == GND, closed == high-impedance)

If i remove the sensor and just close the connection manually it works fine, with only one notification when breaking the link.

I have tried a different design sensor with the same issues being repeated!

Many Thanks

Alex.
jajones1045

Re: Looping Notifications

Postby support » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:17 am

Hi,

When you say you tried different sensors, do you mean different sensors of the same model, or literally
completely different sensors? Because, if it works by touching the connectors and then breaking the link
manually, it should also work with a sensor, since that's all the sensor is expected to be doing ...
support
Site Admin

Postby jajones1045 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I have tried two different types of magnetic sensors. Since my posting, i left the garage door open all day, and received in excess of 2000 notifications to my iPhone.

Cheers,
jajones1045

Postby support » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:23 pm

If that's the case, then it means your sensor is oscillating between open and close state
which triggers the notification logic.

You might want to turn ON serial debugging to help you figure out what's going on ...

Keep us posted on your findings.
support
Site Admin

Return to Support