iPhone Not behaving as expected

General support questions and discussions.

iPhone Not behaving as expected

Postby Maunder » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi,

I am pleased to say that I have the garage door opening & closing via the iPhone ios7.

However, I don't understand the 'behaviour' of the icons. I would have expected that when the door is closed that the 'blind' icon would be highlighted. (Infact it stays highlighted all the time). Likewise I would have thought that when the door is open the 'blind' would go dim & the icon on the LH side of it (which looks like a window) would be highlighted. (this never happens).

When I press the main icon I get a green box with OPEN on the RH side. This seems most appropriate. When I press OPEN, the door does infact open. All good. However, the OPEN box never vanishes. Now that the door is open, I would have expected there now to be a CLOSE box which I press to close the door. Instead the OPEN box remains. If I press it, the door closes.

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong & how to remedy this? :roll: Given that, I am delighted with the solution.

john
Maunder

Re: iPhone Not behaving as expected

Postby support » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi,

Not sure about the "Blind Icon" you are referring to ...

For each device/door, you can associate 2 photos. One is displayed when the device/door reports an OPENED state
and the other one is used when the device/door reports a CLOSED state. You can configure those photos within
the settings for each individual device. Similarly, you can also customize (on a per device basis) the button labels
to be displayed when the device/door reports an OPENED, CLOSED or UNKNOWN state.

Also, if you get inverted behaviour (CLOSE reported instead of OPEN and vice versa), you can change the .INO
file (near line #88) to have:

#define STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_OPENED
uncommented instead of
#define STATUS_STRATEGY_NORMALLY_CLOSED

NOTE: You should only uncomment one of the STATUS_STRATEGY_XYZ entries.

The fact that the OPEN button stays visible following an OPEN action is not normal. It should go away ... Do
you have that behaviour every single time ? Have you tried "killing" the app from the phone's memory and
re-launching it fresh again ? (while not inside the app, double click the iPhone's home button, then swipe
the app's preview screen up to have it removed from memory).

Let us know how that works out for you.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Return to Support