prowl help

General support questions and discussions.

Re: prowl help

Postby Fred57 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Probably time to review my situation.

My controller opens / closes a door and sets / unsets my house alarm. It works and my phone shows appropriate open / close confirmations for both functions.

I have discovered that push notifications work perfectly and immediately for alarm unsets but whilst door open confirmations occur correctly push notifications do not.

I have tried the same setup on three controllers using different copies of the sketch to reflect different IP and mac addresses but they are all based on your last release of the code.

I have also set up a control to control other relays to simulate door open / close and push does not work.

I have also tried different analogue in pins and the result is always the same. ie alarm push notification works and door open does not.

The only other thing I can say is that I always get a push notification each time a controller is reset or I open serial debug.

Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks and regards,
Fred57

Postby support » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 pm

You most likely have something that's not wired properly. Can you please provide
the exact pin connections FROM/TO for each wire going IN and OUT from/to both
the Arduino and Relay shield, as well as the code you have in place to support your
setup.

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby Fred57 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:26 am

OK,

code file and image of board attached.

On the board,
blue and white (Door status switch) attach to GND and S2
Yellow and green (alarm status) attach to GND and S3
Outputs:
D2 to relay 1 by jumper block
D3 to relay 2 by yellow wire

Relays wired NO1 & COM1 to door opener / N02 & Com2 to alarm.
Attachments
photo (2).zip
(128.4 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
DoorOpenerCode.zip
(25.51 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Fred57

Postby support » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Can you please also tell us what exact pins are connected FROM/TO the yellow, orange and purple wires ?

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

Postby Fred57 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:23 pm

The orange goes from COM on the relay 1 output and purple goes from the NO relay 1 output. They close the loop to activate the door opener.

The yellow wire goes from Digital pin 3 to relay 2 coil to activate the relay.
Fred57

Postby support » Thu May 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi,

Sorry if there's a lot of back and forth here, but we're trying to assist as much as possible
while we don't have that specific board revision (2.1), so it's harder to properly assess
the situation.

Regarding those blue/white and yellow/green pairs connected to GND/S2 and GND/S3,
what are those S2/S3 connectors? Based on the schematics, those are buttons? ... Shouldn't
these be attached to GND/Analog#2 and GND/Analog#3, instead ?

Let us know ...
support
Site Admin

Postby Fred57 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 am

I do appreciate your efforts with this.

A2 and S2 are connected as are A3 and S3. Please refer to attached board layout.

I tried reverting back to A2 and A3 pins to test it but no difference.

Consistently now the A3/S3 open signal produces a push notification to my phone instantly but an A2 open signal may or may not produce a notification some time later, it may be 20 minutes or 2 hours or not at all but I can tie the ones I do get back to an event by the time stamp. I am also getting a few (maybe 3) notifications per day that I can not tie back to a physical opening event at all.

The questions is why does one channel work perfectly and the other randomly. I have even moved the A2 loop to A4 and A5 inputs but the same thing happens, ie random notifications.

I have tried a similar setup on another controller board with manual switches but without the relay board with the same outcomes.
Attachments
Board Layout.zip
(91.88 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Fred57

Postby support » Sat May 03, 2014 11:21 am

Thanks for that later schematic. It's much clearer ...

Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you ... Maybe someone else on the forums has experienced something similar ? You
could look at serial debugging by adding extra logging to help you understand what's going on ...

I know for one that we use multiple channels and notifications work properly on all channels. We use an older DF Robot RelayShield
revision though, but we have many users that have successful setups with the latest reversion of that board too ...

I hope you can find out what's going on. When you do (I'm sure you will), please post your findings so that others can also
benefit from your experience.

Thanks in advance for doing so.

Best regards,
support
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support