Local Connection and Remote Coonection

New feature and product enhancement ideas and discussions.

Local Connection and Remote Coonection

Postby aurelutz2007 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:42 am

Lets start with the problem I have.
My internet connection drops from time to time and having a DDNS solution implemented (because I dont have static IP) makes things harder for me when I'm in the front of the door and cannot enter the house because my internet from the house does not work.
In that situation, I have to enter in the settings of mydooropener app and change the DDNS IP to my actual local IP e.g. 192.168.1.XXX of the router. This way I can enter the house using my local network while WIFI connected.
This is acceptable for me, but my wife does not know all this IP's and she has no experience with configuration of the mydooropener app.

One of my proposal will be to have local configuration and remote configuration using the following structure:

Local connection:

IP/Host 192.168.1.XXX
Port 8080
Network name ASUS

and a button to test the connection

Remote connection:

IP/Host Static IP/DDNS
Port 80

and again a button to test the connection

This solution is already implemented by a developer in an app which is controlling the security alarm DSC and works amazing.
And in this configuration it does not matter if you have internet connection working at home, as long you are connected to your wifi, you can open the garage/gate without any additional settings.

I hope this will be easy to implement and that other users will vote for this feature.
Attachments
local and remote connection.jpg
local and remote connection.jpg (38.42 KiB) Viewed 6745 times
aurelutz2007

Re: Local Connection and Remote Coonection

Postby support » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Good idea. Added to our feature backlog. Thanks!
support
Site Admin

Return to New Feature Requests